Precision drying for complex or water-absorbing parts
Crest Ultrasonics’ vacuum drying systems are a proven effective method for drying parts that trap water because of complex geometries or absorb water onto the surface. Vacuum drying is usually used as a secondary drying method to remove trace amounts of residual water, and is done by placing parts in a heated vacuum chamber to flash off the water. This system is typically used in an in-line, batch configuration.
Vacuum drying is accomplished by creating a vacuum atmosphere that reduces the vapor pressure of molecules on the substrate being dried. The water rapidly reaches its boiling point and is “flashed” off the surface. By pulling a vacuum and thereby reducing the pressure in the chamber, the boiling point of the water in the chamber is reduced and the water is flashed off the surface.
The Crest Ultrasonics vacuum dryer is capable of drawing the chamber down to the desired vacuum in 30 seconds. Parts are placed into the drying chamber to the desired set point. After the preset dwell time has expired, a vent valve opens, relieving the vacuum in the chamber through a 0.2-micron filter. At this point, the parts can be removed.
The upper and lower vacuum set points are controlled via a front panel controller. This controller also provides a direct analog readout of the chamber vacuum.
The system is supplied with safety interlocks. It may be supplied with a wide range of mechanical pump sizes to meet the exact requirements of the application. The vacuum chamber is designed in accordance with all applicable codes and standards. Other electrical construction specifications are available upon request.
Four standard sizes available:
Standard sizes range from 10″L x 14″W x 10″H to 18″L x 26″W x 18″H.
Click on the tabs below to learn more about our Vacuum Drying System:
- Simple design for ease of use, low maintenance, and safety
- Fast cycle times
- Automatic cycle for consistently dry parts time after time
- Complete spot-free drying, even for parts with complex geometries
- Power sliding cover
- Srip heater with thermostat to heat the chamber
- Quartz heat lamps to warm parts and prevent freezing
- Constructed of stainless steel with a Viton A cover seal and and tygon wire tubing as required, with a vent valve, 10″ stainless steel canister, and 0.2-micron filter assembly for inlet air
- Air: 2 SCFM at 60 PSIG minimum, 125 PSIG maximum
- Electrical: 208 or 240 Volts/3 Phase/60 Hz. Other voltages such as 380, 415, 460, and 480 are available upon request. 50 Hz optional.
- Vent: As required for vacuum pump exhaust; 3-inch collar
(W x L x H)
(W x L x H)
|CVDS-1014||32" x 27" x 42"||10" x 14" x 10"|
|CVDS-1218||40" x 31" x 43"||12" x 18" x 12"|
|CVDS-1622||51" x 36" x 45"||16" x 22" x 16"|
|CVDS-1826||62" x 42" x 45"||18 x 26" x 18"|
Also see our complete line of ultrasonic cleaning solutions:
Crest Ultrasonics brand ultrasonic cleaning solutions are uniquely formulated to work flawlessly with our ultrasonic equipment in the cleaning and passivation of many different metal and plastic materials.
ORDER NOW: Call 1-800-99CREST (27378) or contact us today!
FREE DEMO for qualified applicants (only). Speak with a sales rep to learn more.