The AD Series super heated vapor dryer uses low flashpoint solvents for precision removal of water and particulates
Crest Ultrasonics solvent vapor dryers are specifically designed for use with flammable solvents such as isopropyl alcohol (IPA). Typical applications include the removal of water from disk drive media, flat panel displays, semiconductor wafers, and photomask substrates.
The precision cleaning benefits that you will enjoy with this system include:
- Superheated vapor drying — Parts dry faster while reducing solvent consumption
- Zero recovery time — Vapor zone does not collapse, allowing shorter cycle times and greater throughput
- Temperature controlled collection tray — Minimizes reflashing of water/IPA back into vapor
- Low solvent usage — Minimizes dragout
- Working mode dual, horizontal sliding covers — Reduces vapor loss by minimizing disturbance of the air-vapor interface
- True SuperheatTM — During the final drying process, a vapor zone heated 20ºF–50ºF above the solvent’s boiling point evaporates any remaining liquid on the parts, leaving no liquid solvent, which minimizes dragout and vapor emmissions
Two standard tank sizes, available for immediate delivery
Standard sizes range from 11.75″L x 30″W x 11″H to 11.75″L x 32″W x 11″H.
Click on the tabs below to learn more about our AD Series Vapor Dryer Precision Cleaning System:
- Stand-alone or wet bench installation — Can be operated as a standalone vapor dryer or can be integrated into a cleaning line as a final drying station
- Remote control cabinet — Contains PLC, hot water heating, and CO2 fire suppression systems, designed to be located outside the Class 1, Division 1 area
- Indirect heating — Water-glycol heating ensures that the system cannot reach the solvent auto-ignition temperature, even under fault conditions
- Automated lift system — Cantilever-style vertical lift with a 50 lb. load capacity is standard, ensuring process standardization and minimizing dragout of solvent
- Extensive safety systems — Meet all National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) safety standards and have an integral CO2 fire suppression system
- 100% freeboard ratio — Minimizes vapor loss from the containment tank
- Secondary containment tray — Can hold more than 100% of tank liquid volume, including plumbing
- Integral fill & drain system — Individual, dedicated pumps fill and drain the system, providing a safe method of solvent transfer while eliminating the possibility of solvent contamination
- Removable access panels — Allow all-stides easy access to electrical and mechanical components and facilitate maintenance
- Cleanroom assembly — Conducted in cleanroom environment to minimize introduction of contaminants into the system
- Stainless steel construction — All components that contact solvent (incl. tanks, solvent plumbing, and heating and cooling coils) are made of electropolished 316 or 316L stainless steel. All structural components (incl. framing, covers, and countertops in the vapor dryer) are constructed of 300-series stainless steel.
- Teflon® seals — Ensuring optimal chemical compatibility
When not processing a load, the system operates with only the two main primary heating coils active, vigorously boiling IPA in dual off-set boil sumps. IPA vapors are super-heated to 105ºC as they pass through superheat heat exchangers positioned above each boil tank.
As the incoming process load (effectively acting as a heat sink) is inserted into machine, a secondary pair of “vapor boost” heating coils is activated by the PLC. This vapor boost action offsets the effects of “work shock” as the incoming load absorbs heat and condenses vapors. The vapor booster effect prevents vapor zone collapse, and allows sustained and vigorous IPA condensation rinsing of the inserted load. As incoming load descends through the condensation cooling coils, horizontally-sliding process tank lids close above the load, to minimize vapor emissions and vapor zone disturbances.
As condensed IPA streams off the parts, falling condensate strikes a sloped collection surface, which is backed by a temperature-controlled water jacket. By keeping the condensate collection surface cooled below the boiling point of the azeotropic IPA/water mixture, the system minimizes ref lashing of water-rich azeotrope back into vapor, thus preserving process integrity.
Once the inserted parts load has reached equilibrium temperature with the surrounding vapor, condensation ceases. the vapor boost heating coils are deactivated, and heat balance within the system is returned to equilibrium.
The parts load and fixtures may be superheated by the surrounding vapors, as selected by the customer, to speed drying and minimize solvent drag-out.
The load is then raised above vapor zone using a movement profile designed to minimize the “chimney effect,” and halted briefly in the cooling coil region to allow entrained solvent vapors to dissipate.
Horizontally-activated tank lids are then opened, and the load is automatically raised to the upper “home” position for unloading.
- Remote operator interface — Panel can be remotely located to permit control cabinet location outside of a cleanroom area
- Solvent storage module — Two separate 5-gallon stainless steel canisters can be added for makeup and waste solvent streams
- Alternate electrical supply — For off-shore installations, can configure units to accept an alternative electrical supply (e.g., 300 VAC, 3-phase, 50 Hz)
|Model 30||Model 32|
|Overall System (LxWxH)||30.5" x 56" x 42"||30.5" x 56" x 42"|
|Process Chamber (LxWxH)||11.75" x 30" x 11"||11.75" x 32" x 11"|
|Maximum Lift Height||74"||74"|
|Maximum Load (LxWxH)||10" x 27" x 10"||10" x 29" x 10"|
|Total Liquid Volume||10 gal.||12 gal.|
|Distillation||16 gal./hour||16 gal.hour|
|Heater Size||18 kW||18 kW|
|Cooling Water (Continuous flow, 40–45º F)||5 tons/12 gpm||5 tons/12 gpm|
|Electrical, Main (460 VAC, 3-phase, 60 Hz)||30 amps||30 amps|
|Electrical, Fire Panel (115 VAC, 1-phase, 60 Hz)||5 amps||5 amps|
|Pneumatic||80-100 psi / 15 scfm||80-100 psi / 15 scfm|
|Nitrogen (for level detectors)||10 scfh at 60-90 psi||10 scfh at 60-90 psi|
|Exhaust||150 cfm||150 cfm|
Also see our complete line of ultrasonic cleaning solutions:
Crest Ultrasonics brand ultrasonic cleaning solutions are uniquely formulated to work flawlessly with our ultrasonic equipment in the cleaning and passivation of many different metal and plastic materials.
ORDER NOW: Call 1-800-99CREST (27378) or contact us today!
FREE DEMO for qualified applicants (only). Speak with a sales rep to learn more.